In Ayurveda, Udvartana is a body massage that uses a paste made of ground grains to cleanse the skin, improve circulation and help weight loss. Herbal paste or powder is applied all over the body and deeply massaged, with specific movements, by two Therapists for one hour.
Udvartana Powder: Udvartana is universally known as a Powder Massage and is used to remove the toxins from the body. Numerous powdered herbs and grains are used in Udarvatana. These are used in various mediums, e.g. curd (yogurt), honey or oil. The powders are not available everywhere in the world and therefore when we replace any of the listed items or herbs, we lose the actual effect of the Udvartana.
Udvartana can be used for the following:
- Weight Loss-Udvartana Powder helps to reduce weight and maintain a natural balance in the body. The weight loss, Udvartana Powder, helps in reducing the extra cholesterol and lipids from the body
- Cellulitis- Udvartana Powder helps fight and curing the Cellulitis , a bacterial infection involving the skin. It specifically affects the dermis and subcutaneous fat.
- Detox- Udvartana Powder helps in removal of toxic substances from a living organism
- Kulath (horse grain).
- Shunthi (zingiber officinalis).
- Yava churna (barley).
- Besan (chick pea powder).
- Kola powder(centel la asiatica).