HOLI AND SKIN CARE
Enjoy Skin & Hair care this holi season with Ayush’s Aabheeja
Holi the festival of color, is here, it marks the advent of spring season. Everyone is drenched in colors by family and friends. The most important thing is, we must protect ourselves from the toxic reactions of the colors, resulting in unpleasant symptoms like eczema, redness, blisters, extreme redness and the flaking of skin. During ancient days, holi was played with flowers and natural homemade colors from vegetables, fruits and herbs. With organic colors being hard to come by, it only makes sense that we safeguard our skin and hair from any damage while playing Holi.
Colors nowadays are made up of ingredients like engine oil, diesel, acids, mica, glass powder and alkali’s which damage the skin very badly. This can result in serious skin conditions.
WHAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE PLAYING HOLI?
- In order to prevent harmful chemicals from penetrating your skin, make sure to apply Aabheeja Amla skin oil on your skin before you start playing with the colors. For better results apply in circular motion with gentle massage so that it completely absorbs in your skin.
- To safeguard your hair and scalp, massage Aabheeja Amla hair Oil onto the scalp and hair gently and then tie your hair. For better protection one can wear a cap or scarf also.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated by drinking lots of water and juices. This prevents dehydration, which can otherwise cause your skin to get dry and become more vulnerable to harsh colors.
- Don’t forget to dab some oil behind your ears and on your ear lobes and nails as these are the places where colors tend to settle easily.
- Wear an outfit that covers most of your body and avoid heavy fabrics like denim that cannot be dried easily.
- Those who wear contact lenses should not do so when they go out to play as lenses can easily absorb the colors, which can result in eye irritation. Wear glasses and keep cleaning these from time to time.