- Standardized extracts of Rauwolfia serpentina
- Convolvulus pluricaulis
- Terminalia arjuna
- Tribulus terrestris
- Rosa centifolia
- Boerhavia diffusa
- Inula racemosa
- Onosma bracteatum
The most important group of phytochemicals found in this plant are indole alkaloids. The most pharmacologically active indole alkaloids are ajmaline, deserpidine, rescinnamine, reserpine, serpentine and yohimbine. They are well known as a selective alpha-adrenergic antagonist in the peripheral blood vessels. Relaxes smooth muscles and lowers blood pressure.
Reserpine reduces sympathetic nervous system toning and increases parasympathetic activity via effects on neurotransmitters and lowers the blood pressure.
It contains β-sitosterol and other alkaloids. It reduces stress levels and put brain in a relaxed state, also acts as an anti-depressant.
Arjunolic acid a natural chiral triterpenoid saponin, is well known cardio-protective properties. It has multimode cardio-protective activity and can be considered as a useful herb for coronary artery disease, hypertension, and ischemic cardiomyopathy.
It contains, flavonoids, flavonol glycosides, steroidal saponins, and alkaloids. It has diuretic action due to which it aids in lowering the blood pressure.
Inula racemosa found to possess significant anti-anginal property. In addition, it also lowers the diastolic blood pressure, plasma cortisol and catecholamines.
Mode of Action
- Carditone is unique combination of above herbal extracts which works through different mechanisms viz; It exerts hypotensive effects by the depletion of nor epinephrine through inhibition of catecholamine storage in postganglionic adrenergic nerve endings.
- It has sedative and tranquilizing properties.
- It has dilating action on the small blood vessels thereby increasing blood flow to the heart.
- It also has diuretic activity without depleting potassium.
- Overall it has a calmative and cardio tonic effect. Hence proved as best aid to regulate the blood pressure and protect the heart.
Adult- 1-2 caplet/tablet twice a day with water after meal and there after adjust the dose according to monitored blood pressure or as directed by your health provider.