PEAS HEALTH BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA FOR MAINTAINING GOOD HEALTH
Peas health benefits: Peas are low in calories and rich in nutrients, peas can be defined as an ultimate food as far as health benefits are concerned.
Here are some more reasons that peas should have a special place in your daily diet. Peas are a rich source of Niacin, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and are rich in antioxidants.
Niacin controls bad cholesterol, which is responsible for many heart-related diseases. Antioxidants are known to help in reducing free radical damage and also eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Vitamin K, helps in absorbing calcium which improves our bone health. Vitamin C, helps in building a strong immune system that is capable of fighting infections. When one has constipation, it is important that one consumes food rich in fiber to clear out bowel movements. Peas are full of fiber and help relieve constipation. Apart from all peas also improve metabolism thereby aiding in better digestion. So including peas in your diet is very important.
- Matar/Pea Rice Pulao
- Serves 4
- Peas/matar 2 bowls
- Basmati rice 2 bowls
- Onions 2 medium finely chopped
- Ginger 2 inch piece cut into juliennes
- Garlic 3 -4 cloves minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt according to taste
- Red chilli powder tsp
- Garam masala powder tsp
- Black cardamom 2
- Cloves 4-5
- Cinnamon stick 1 (2inch piece)
- Pepper 6-7
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in double the amount of water and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat it and add the oil.
- Once the oil is warm add the whole spices and sautee till fragrant, add onions and garlic and ginger and sautee for a few minutes till the onions are slightly pink but firm.
- Add the peas and roast for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the red chili powder garam masala powder and salt. Sautee it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice along with the water it’s soaked in, and juice of 1 lemon mix well.
- Check the salt and adjust accordingly.
- Pressure cook till 1 whistle. and release the steam immediately.
- Serve hot with plain curd.