- Standardized extracts of Ephedra vulgaris
- Emblica officinalis
- Ocimum sanctum
- Terminalia bellirica
- Adhatoda vasica
- Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Pistacia integerrima
- Achyranthes aspera
- Zizyphus vulgaris
- Neelgiri oil
- Solanum xanthocarpum
- Viola odorata
- Cichorium intybus
- Mentha spicata
Ephedra vulgaris – The plant extract is used for treatment of Asthma. It has shown actions like, target specific biological activities such as broncho-dilation, mast cell stabilization, anti-anaphylactic, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, anti-allergic and immune-modulatory in the treatment of asthma.
Contains several alkaloids and the chief active principles such as vasicine & vasicinone. Vasica is well-known for its effectiveness in treating respiratory conditions, because of its stimulant effect on the respiratory system. It acts as an antispasmodic and expectorant.
Glycyrrhiza glabra – The plant’s major active component, Glycyrrhizin is considered demulcent, expectorant and stimulates mucous secretions of the trachea.
Ocimum sanctum – One of the major biologically active compounds in Ocimum sanctum is the tri-terpene compound urosolic acid.It possess antifungal, antimicrobial, analgesic, immunomodulatory, anti allergic, antipyretic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory activities.
Mode of Action
- Main action of these herbs is to relax the bronchioles and help in expectoration of the phlegm.
- Tulsi, Vasaka, Mulathi and Amla in Kuff sooth has anti-viral, anti-bacterial activity. Somlata is a source of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, which are naturally occurring alkaloids works on brochodilation.
- Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids and help in allergic and viral respiratory infection.
- Mulathi and Unab have soothing action on the throat and bronchial lining. Apamarga, Kakarsinghi and Solanum xanthocarpum supports above mechanisms.
- Kuff sooth have expectorant, anti histamine, anti-inflammatory and anti-tussive properties and it supports the bronchial and pleural lining.
- Adult – 2 teaspoonful thrice a day.
- Child – 1 teaspoonful thrice a day with warm water or as directed by your health provider.
- Kuff-sooth is a best remedy in case of common cold and allergic upper respiratory issues. 5- 10 ml twice/thrice a day gives instant relief from the sign and symptoms.
- We suggest its use with warm water when there is congestion.
- One should avoid sour, cold and irritant stuff while taking Kuff sooth.